Thursday, January 2, 2014

"Life is short, smile while you still have teeth."

Just to start off, my dad thought it would be a wonderful idea to turn off the wifi at 10pm each night. Like what? Late at night is when I do my best blogging!! What in the world was he thinking?! But, I will not let not using my laptop be that big of a hiderence. So here it goes, from my phone.
Tonight at my second home (taco amigo) I had the best experience of the whole week. I was way ahead on my closing jobs so I was helping my coworker with hers. I was helping take money and hand food out the drive-up window.  A man pulled up to the window and I greeted him as I normally do all customers. I asked how he was and told him his total. He told me he was ornery and handed me his credit card. I then proceeded to apologize for his bad day and charge him for his food. I handed his food and card back out the window and told him to have a great day. He replied, "You have a great night, too! Oh, and keep smiling!"
It is amazing how big of a difference a smile can make. Just turning up the corners of your mouth. It isn't a hard thing to do, yet we as people tend to do less and less of it these days. A smile has such power. When you choose to smile even when you don't feel like it, you could be changing someones day or even their outlook on life! So smile big whenever you get the chance! You never know how many chances you have left!
I'm grateful that that man took a chance and spoke more than the usual few words most people do. So in the words of that very friendly man "keep smiling!" You never know when someone will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment