Sunday, January 26, 2014

Drowning in the Tribulation

Lately, I've had a really hard time going to church. Don't get me wrong, I love our gospel. It brings me so much comfort and a knowledge that I am not alone and that there is a purpose for why we are here. It's just that I struggle in young womens'. I've always been one who is really good at being in charge. Leadership is really easy for me. I can get up in front of the whole ward if I have to and give a talk or make an announcement. With the change in our bishopric and young womens' presidency, has come a lot of pressure. Instead of doing things for the girls benefit, I feel like they are just trying to "check things off their to-do lists". Mutual is no longer a time to become better friends and do wholesome activities and learn about the gospel. They are about hounding us to get our personal progress done and making sure we are actively what I would call 'attacking" the less active members striving to be examples and befriending those who need it. Those things are both important, but these mid-week activities are for those who come and want to do something that will be fun or help them prepare for their lifes. It's especially hard when you are constantly being reprimanded because you are "always answering the questions" or are being "too controlling". It saddens me to see things like this happening. Satan is definitely trying his best to tear down our gospel is any way that he can. Lots of the girls in my ward that I have talked to feel this same way. Young Womens' is for the young women, not the leaders or anyone else.
If I hear one more thing like, " In the handbook..." I will explode. The handbook is a guideline. It is not a set of rules.
We need to come up with a way to make our activities and Sunday meetings enjoyable and renew the desire to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment