Thursday, August 29, 2013

Did you really think study hall was for homework?

As I sit here, in study hall, I have a lot of time to think. This is a class where it is totally up to you on what you get accomplished. There is no "lesson plan" or a course to get through. Just a time for you to do homework. It is a quiet-er class than normal. Everyone is working on their own homework and so it's not a class you need a friend in. This leaves me to think about my work and whatever else is bouncing through my brain.
I've been thinking a lot of people lately. Why do people do what they do? Why do they speak in such a derogatory manner? Why do they start rumors? Why do they give people reputations that they don't deserve?   
People are complicated; it's as simple as that. Everyone goes through things in a different way. Some people show how they feel differently. If someone feels bullied they might bully another to get revenge, or feel better about themselves.
It's really sad how our world is becoming more and more selfish. We don't care what others are going through if it has nothing to do with us.
I try to be mindful of other people. I know what it feels like to be picked on and torn down. I try to be friendly to everyone. I also try to accept people from all walks of life. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you.
Of course, I'm nowhere near perfect. I do mess up often. Sometimes I do judge based on appearance, or your reputation,  or where you come from. Sometimes it is just so easy to make a false accusation about someone so you don't have to get to know them. You know you won't like them, so why try? Maybe, you're meant to be in their life. Maybe you could learn somehting from them that you couldn't learn from anyone else.
I'm trying to be better about judging people. I want to have people think that I'm one of those girls who is friends with anyone and who is willing to talk to anyone if they need to talk to someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment