Thursday, July 16, 2015

When I grow up (I wanna be famous, I wanna be a star.... No? Alright.)

Ever since I was born, it has felt like people have  been asking, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" or "What are you going to do with your life?" or "What's next?" or "What are you doing after high school?" The variety of questions all similar that adults ask people younger than them to try to feel connected and then open up their own can on opinion and pour it all over your dreams. 

I've answered in various ways:
  • A Cowgirl (I was in preschool-lay off)
  • A Mom  (My number 1 choice) 
  • A Teacher
  • A Beautician 
  • A Graphic Designer 
  • A Dental Assistant (Currently pursuing)
  • An Entrepreneur & own my own business (Pursing in my free time)
Lately, I've come to realize it doesn't matter what I do career wise, but more the kind of person I become, 

When I grow up I want to be:

  • Kind. I never want people to feel hurt by me or the words I say or how I act. 
  • Friendly & Outgoing. I want people to feel comfortable  around me and especially I want them to feel important when they are in my presence. 
  • Someone who serves. I want to put others before myself and be willing to go out of my way to help people. I want to be able to see the needs of others and be there to lend a helping hand whenever possible. If it be convenient or not. I know that service brings you the biggest sense of accomplishment and happiness. I always feel happier when I am serving others. 
  • I want to be mentally and emotionally strong. I want to be able to be strong for others as well as for myself. The world can be cruel sometimes and so can life and when life hits me to the ground I want to feel like I am able to overcome any and all obstacles. 
  • Respected. I want to respect others and have the same respect I have given be returned to me. 
  • A Leader. I want to be able to use my talent as a leader for good and as often as I can. 
  • Organized. The more organized you are the more prepared you are for the curveballs of life. When you are organized you can fell relaxed and others are drawn to you more. 
  • Happy. I want to feel so content in all areas of my life. I want to feel content in my family life, my spiritual life, my career, my home, my hobbies and my accomplishments. There is no better feeling than pure joy and contentment. I also want to have no regrets. All the trials turn into lessons and strength and I am ready- no matter the difficulty. 
  • Confident. I want to exude confidence, but not in a cocky way. I want to be happy with myself. I want to be happy with the way I look and my flaws and my other qualities that make me, well me! I want to have high self esteem and self confidence. 
  • Spiritual. I want to gather all the knowledge of this perfect gospel that I can in my time here on earth. I want to be knowledgeable on the scriptures, the commandments, and other sacred things this gospel has to offer. (If you are confused and not sure what I am talking about check out This! )
  • Obedient. I want to be obedient to all the rules and laws of the land, the gospel and such.
  • An Example. I want people to learn from my example and I want people to be like me when they "grow up". 
I am sure there are millions of more things I would like to be when I grow up. These are just a few of the ones closest to my heart. It doesn't matter what I become- it matters more who I become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment