Sunday, June 28, 2015

Practice makes perfect!

So lately I have been trying to be more active and live an overall healthier lifestyle. I go on family walks and hikes and I occasionally go to the gym but that is about it. I also have been trying to read my scriptures every day. I already read pretty regularly, but I am in no way perfect. *If you would like to know more about my beliefs as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or have questions about the scriptures check out lds.org {or here's a direct link to Scripture Information}*
I figured there must be a way to combine these two things in a way to help me remember and achieve both goals in one step. To help motivate myself I scoured pinterest for ways to form habits the fastest and easiest with a busy schedule (since I work 40 hours a week and I have my own small business on the side, and I have a social life, and other things that need to be taken care of).
The article that was the most helpful talked about how it takes 21 days to form a habit. I really liked how relatively short 21 days can be and it seems like a good achievable goal unlike other lengthy goals that I had read about.
My biggest problem with starting a new goal is I miss a day and then it all goes down hill from there and I never get back on the bike and keep trucking. To help avoid any forgetful or laziness mishap, I made a visual to help me.

This little idea that I got off of pinterest is, as you can see on the frame to my door. Where I will see it frequently and it can constantly remind me to be active and read out of my scriptures. 
I am hoping to go through these next 21 days and then continue out of habit for the rest of my life. 
(I definitely am not even a tiny bit close to perfect, so that probably won't happen... but if this turns into the habit that I want it to, it will naturally continue.)
So we'll see where this next 21 day leads me to and I will update you as time goes on! 

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful Sunday! xo

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE!
    I did complete this on the 18th of July! I read from my scriptures and did something active each day for 21 days! I am glad that I stuck with it and actually got to finish all 21 days!
    Now I feel like reading my scriptures and doing more active (and productive) things comes naturally! Hopefully, I will continue this pattern!

    ReplyDelete