Wednesday, July 30, 2014

i hate titles. too much pressure.

Lately, I have been a confidant. People have been telling me loads of stuff about their personal lives. It really boosts my self esteem because I obviously must be a trust worthy person, right? It has been a little weird though... Usually, I am the talker and the teller and I've kind of changed rolls in a lot of my friendships. Not completely, I still talk a lot, but it has been nice to be on the other side. The listener. I like to be able to listen to people's stories and what they have going on in their lives and what they are struggling with. It's almost like an example to follow when I hit rough patches in my own life. I can remember how other people dealt with their problems and then more easily help myself. I like that I can be both a listener and a talker. I feel like it helps me to relate to people better and be a better friend.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” 
“When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.” 

I don't want to be so busy with my own problems and life that I wouldn't have time to help someone out with their own problems. I'm always willing to be a "listening ear".

No comments:

Post a Comment