Tuesday, April 2, 2013

You, have made all the difference.

Back when I was in 7th grade, someone helped me grow a lot. This someone just happened to be a teacher named, Mr. Hoopes. I was having a semi rough time in 7th grade. New school, more homework, friends, self esteem, not to forget becoming a teenager is crazy stuff. On top of all of this my dad's cancer came back.
I remember the night that my dad told the kids he had cancer again. I tried to pretend like I was fine and I didn't even cry until that night when everyone else was asleep.
I remeber walking into math the next morning and thinking: "oh crap! I never did my math homework!" I walked up to Mr. Hoopes' desk and hesitantly asked him if it would be okay if I turned my homework in the next day, because I had just learned my dad had cancer again and I had not gotten around to doing my homework. Of course he said yes.
Througout the rest of the year, he would pull me aside or out of class to ask me how I was and how my dad was. It was really nice to have someone to talk to. It was a big thing to carry around with me on my little 7th grader shoulders and something I couldn't ever talk about with my friends.
He really helped me to grow as a person. I don't know how I would have survived the rest of the year if he wouldn't have been there helping me out. I don't know if I could ever thank him enough for all he did for me. He has made all of the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment